Our office covers all services related to all industrial property rights, such as national and European patents or utility models, national, European and international trademarks and registered designs, protection of plant varieties and semiconductor topology and looks after you from the arisal of an intellectual property, i.e. the disclosure of an invention or the usage of a characteristic mark, as far as granting or registration, maintenance, defending and enforcing the property rights. This comprises in particular
- strategic and legal consultation in connection with the protection of your industrial property rights (inventions, characteristic marks, designs etc.), drawing up application strategies, evaluating your own property rights portfolio and property rights of third parties, etc.
- carrying out searches of prior art, trademark searches etc.
- handling employee inventions and employed inventors in connection with inventions,
- drawing up the necessary application documents for the protection of property rights
- communication with the patent offices or authorities to acquire the property rights
- maintaining your property rights by monitoring and timely payment of annual and extension fees as they fall due,
- oppositions, actions for annulment, objections or requests for cancellation against property rights of third parties,
- defence of your property rights against attacks (opposition, annulment, objection, cancellation) of third parties,
- assistance with the enforcement of your property rights against infringements by third parties such as by infringement actions, declaratory actions etc.,
- assistance as the defending party in infringement actions of third parties,
- assistance with the licensing of industrial property rights,
- drawing up expert opinions.
As registered patent attorneys we are authorised to represent directly before the Austrian Patent Office, the European Patent Office, the Office for Hamonization in the Internal Market, Trademarks, Designs and Models (Community Trademark, Community Design) and the WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organisation) (PCT Applications, International Trademarks). For national property rights abroad we have a network of partner attorneys whom we can use to acquire appropriate property rights for you all over the world, and who can clarify any issues relating to foreign property rights.
We also offer our clients the possibility of working for them as an “off site” patent department. As such we are involved in the internal processes, starting from looking after development projects right up to strategic decisions relating to the protection of inventions, and we work closely with the respective departments or inventors, where the division of responsibilities can be agreed with the client as desired. In this context we also offer our clients the possibility of filing all files and documents centrally with us – the files are no longer with the clients which considerably simplifies the administration of the files. We are currently acting as an outsourced patent department for well-known companies such as the HOEBIGER Group, and have extensive experience in the comprehensive care of industrial clients.